Using Pesticides Safely
A message from Health Canada.
With warmer weather just around the corner, many Canadians are getting the home and garden ready for summer. If you choose to use pesticides, please make sure that they are registered with Health Canada and that you are using them properly. Incorrect use can cause serious harm to families, pets, and the environment.
Tips and links:
- Use only products registered for use in Canada.
- Find out about registered products and active ingredients using Health Canada’s online product label search or the new Pesticide Labels free mobile app on GooglePlay, Amazon, and AppStore.
- Follow all label warnings and directions, and only use a pesticide for its stated purpose.
- Never spray a pesticide outdoors if wind speed is more than 8 km per hour, if the air temperature is above 30°C, or if it is raining.
- Avoid homemade recipes — these products are not tested nor do they have labels. It is especially dangerous to boil a product on the stove, or to use ingredients such as gasoline, kerosene or boric acid.
- Store pesticides out of the reach of children and pets.
- If you suspect poisoning, call 911 immediately.
- When in doubt, hire a professional licensed pest control operator.
- Check with your city or province to see if there are local restrictions against the use of certain approved products.
Questions, concerns or complaints regarding pesticide issues regulated by Health Canada can be directed to the Pest Management Regulatory Agency at email@example.com or 1-800-267-6315, or to the Atlantic Region Pesticide Compliance Program at 506-851-7876.
Find out about pesticide safety at Canada.ca: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/about-pesticides/use-pesticides-safely.html
Welcome to Seniors PEI, a resource site designed for seniors of Prince Edward Island. Here you will find a wide variety of information for seniors, including links to regional and national and international websites that we believe can be helpful to seniors; websites that provide information about programs, services and areas of interest for seniors and for those who work with seniors.
We have news for Canadian seniors: links to current news stories, updated daily, that involve or would be of concern to seniors, focusing on the Maritimes. There is also a senior artist gallery section, showcasing senior artists of the Island. If you are a senior artist or know of one who should be featured in this section, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. We will contact you or the recommended artist to arrange for their inclusion on our pages.
This Day in History
|A word which some lexicographer has marked obsolete is ever thereafter an object of dread and loathing to the fool writer, but if it is a good word and has no exact modern equivalent equally good, it is good enough for the good writer. Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)|
Seniors PEI is offered as a public service of Mapleridge Studio